Responsibilities include developing the choir in 3 rehearsals
- Selecting appropriate music for the Inauguration
- Ability to read music
- Ability to play piano, helpful
Responsible for supervising approximately 30, 16-17 year old girls
- Responsible for guiding an Associate and/or Junior Counselor
- Knowledge of Massachusetts government
- Teaching Massachusetts government
- Patience, respect and encouragement
Distinguished Guest Chairman
Responsible for escorting guests, officers, etc. to the podium and stage
- Must be available at all general sessions
- Responsible for advising and overseeing the Federal and/or National parties for their platforms, bills and debates.
- Responsible for advising and overseeing the House of Representatives and/or Senate.
- Ability to work well with young women.
- Knowledge of Massachusetts government.
Front Desk Receptionist
Resides in the Dormitory
- Works at the Front Desk to allow ALA Girls State citizens access throughout the day and evening sessions
- Greets any visitors to the dormitory and performs duties assigned by Director.
- Ability to work with teenagers in a positive manner
Provides support to the Counselor or Associate Counselor
- Assists with meetings, rehearsals and election tallying
- Responsible for checking ALA Girls State office for daily ballots, newspapers, notices, etc.
Ability to work with a team
- Has good communication skills
- Work closely with the Newspaper Editor in various tasks such as: typing, internet research, e-mail and photocopying
- Knowledge of MS Publisher and MS Word helpful
Decision Making on Which Stories to Publish
- Designing the newspaper layout
- Ability to edit articles
- Ability to work individually or with a team
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills with a good command of English grammar
- Knowledge of MS Publisher and MS Word
- Provide basic on-site medical care to ALA Girls State citizens, such as physical assessment.
- Evaluation and managing medical emergencies.
- Must have own vehicle to transport girls or staff if needed and to visit the local pharmacy
- Current medical license in the State of MA required
- Taking Digital Group Pictures of Each City and Town
- Taking pictures of speakers and events
- Taking various candid pictures throughout the entire week
- Must be physically able to walk many miles around campus
- Ability to Read Music
- Ability to play marching music, Pomp & Circumstance and the
- ALA Girls State song (music provided)
- Willing to accompany individual acts or groups for the Inauguration and Revue
- Responsibilities include typing letters, formatting forms, follow up phone calls, during the year as well as during the week of ALA Girls State.
- Assisting the Director with various office duties
- Knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to work closely with the Director to organize the week
- Ability to multi-task
- Good knowledge of English grammar
- Must be available entire week of ALA Girls State
Speaker Panel Coordinator
- Responsible for locating and contacting speakers to donate their time
- Responsible to send information on ALA Girls State along with directions and thank you’s
- Responsible for following up and coordinating with the Director available times needed
- Professionalism a must
- Responsibilities include working backstage during entire week, Inauguration and Revue, setting up sessions and assisting speaker needs
- Assisting the Choir Director and Revue Director with chairs, curtain detail, sound and other various duties
- Responsible for selling ALA Girls State items, soda, water, candy, etc. in each dormitory
- Working closely and assisting the Store Managers
- Ability to make change and take inventory