Do you have a flexible schedule during the summer? We are always looking for help during the week of ALA Girls State. We need help behind the scenes as well as counselors to supervise and guide the girls. We are also looking for past ALA Girls State citizens to get involved during the week. If you had gone through it, chances are you can help the girls even more during the week.
Help keep this amazing program going strong. There are so many ways you can make a difference! ARE YOU WONDERING WHERE ALA GIRLS STATE STAFF COMES FROM? Some are former ALA Girls State Citizens. Some are dedicated American Legion Auxiliary Members and some are friends of the ALA Girls State program. Whoever they are…
- They are women who feel ALA Girls State is a worthwhile experience and wish to give of themselves.
- They are women who feel they could share their Leadership experience with the youth of our state.
- They are women that know that the experience of ALA Girls State is such a learning experience for themselves and rewarding beyond words.
- They are women who feel the program is one they could become excited about and consider making a commitment to in June for either the entire week or part of the week.
- They are women who enjoy the youth, celebrate diversity, are open-minded and are able to listen and respect others.
- They are women who desire to educate our youth about the basic ideas and principles of government that will help to ensure the survival of democracy.
- They are women who are physically able to maintain our active schedule and guide 270-350 energetic, 16-17 year old girls.